Friday, April 6, 2012

What's Working with Neons

Sometimes I see a trend or just something I love that inspires me before it becomes the next big thing and try to figure out how it will work for me.  One big trend for the spring/summer is neons.  Neons are very bold colors reminding many of us of the 80's or a highlighter. Since work is where I spend most of my wardrobe time, my goal was to find a way to incorporate that trend with something office appropriate.

So here's three different looks of how I made neon work for work.

#1. For the subtle trend seeker.
Go for something simple like a fitted neon t shirt or belt.  Following a trend doesn't have to be a big investment. Go as big or as small as you like.

Pants Suit: H&M (old), Shoes: Cole Haan, T Shirt: J Crew Outlet, Necklace: Anthro, Clutch: Thrift Store

#2. A little more daring.

Try a pop in a fitted blazer or blouse. This color combo was inspired by the amazing blogger Chloe Conspiracy and I've made it work for an office setting. Ann Taylor and JCrew both have plenty of neon silk blouses and jackets that are also great alternatiives for this look.
Blazer, Shell, Wool Skirt: H&M, Bracelet, Necklace: JCrew Factory, Shoes: Zara
#3. For the bold and brassy.  If you are a little more daring why not go all the way.  Do a neon bottom, either a pant or a skirt but with the same clean lines as a classic workwear piece. Pair it with a ptinted top and contrasting belt but pull in the color combo with a printed accessory, either a scarf, bag or shoe.


Skirt: JCrew No.2 Pencil Skirt Double Serge Wool, Polka Dot Blouse: George via Walmart, Belt: Thrift Store, Pen Necklace: Kate Spade, Shoes: Prada, Bag: Zara, Scarf: Missoni for Target

How are you working the trend this season, any neon favorites?

1 comment:

  1. Love the pops of color! Very versatile & fun! I like that you can keep with the trend w/o looking like you steppe out of the set of Saved by the Bell

    ReplyDelete